Monday, February 8, 2010

My Little Ray of Sunshine - Just Add Ink Challenge Entry 3



I've been a little bit naughty today. I have a whole lot of cards that have been ordered by friends and friends of friends (which is so exciting and definitely keeping me on my stamping toes) - sixteen of which are to be finished, packaged up and delivered tomorrow. So what have I done this morning??? Have I completed the six remaining cards for tomorrow's order??? No of course I haven't - instead I have been creating my entry for this week's Just-Add-Ink Challenge. Naughty Me!!!!

The thing is I have had the idea for my entry ever since I saw the sketch challenge on Friday but today it all finally came together in my mind and I just had to create it. Here is the sketch:



Now I have not attempted a scrapbook layout for a very long time but low and behold my entry this week is a 12" x 12" scrapbook page!!!! When I first saw the challenge sketch all I could see was a sun and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it out of my head. Then with the image of the sun in my head all I could think of was "You are my sunshine". And of course when I thought of those lines all I could think of was the little ray of sunshine in my life - my Elliot. After finding the perfect photo it all just fell together into a scrapbook layout and so I found myself away from the world of cards for a while - and you know what it was fun!!!!

So here is my creation:




I've done some zoom ins so that you can all see the little details - however I think I need to get my camera booklet out because no matter how hard I try my photos just don't seem to look like others I see on blogs.




Anyhow.......you can see on this photo that the sunbeams have the little words "You are my sunshine" (from the Something Sweet stamp set) stamped on them. I used the cupcake icing from the Big Bold Birthday stamp set to make my Baja Breeze clouds:



These little flowers from the "For Everything" stamp set have always looked like little suns to me so I had to add them to my page too. I decided to use them to jazz up the ribbon that was splitting my page:



I decided to use chipboard and rub-ons (both non-SU!) for the title of my page "Sunshine of my life". I inked the chipboard with my Craft Whisper White ink pad and really liked how it turned out:


Ingredients:

Stamp Sets: Something Sweet; For Everything; Big Bold Birthday
Card/Paper: Whisper white (textured); So Saffron; Sweet Slumber DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze; Chocolate Chip; So Saffron; Whisper White
Other: Chocolate Chip 1" Double-stitched Grosgrain ribbon; Linen
Thread; Circle Scissors; Designer buttons; chipboard &
rub-ons (non-SU!)

So there you have it - my first scrapbook layout in a very, very long time and my entry into this week's Just-Add-Ink Challenge. I hope you like it as much as I do. I know one person who will love it for sure - Elliot's nanny (hi Mum x x x )

Now I must get back to those cards!!!!

Louise x

6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

What a gorgeous layout,and great interpretation of the challenge - really lovely! Great job Louise.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I know what you mean!! When I get an idea in my head, I'm like a dog with a bone - can't rest until it's done! This is a very cute scrap page for your little ray of sunshine! Great take on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise, your blog is looking great! Well done... and look at you go with those challenges you clever thing! Beautiful LO

AJ said...

Hi Louise! YOU'RE NAUGHTY! But so worth it - I'm so happy you made & sent in your creation - I almost squealed when I saw it! So, So cute. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

You should be doing more LOs going on this one! I had the same idea with the sun ..and hey another day and you can do all of those other cards lol!

Unknown said...

A really lovely layout,great page.