Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vintage Friends for You Ali

After posting my last card one of my very best friends, Ali, told me that she was a teeny bit disappointed when she saw that the 'Wonderful Friend' card wasn't for her. So I thought it was only fitting, seeing as we have been friends for almost twenty (!!!!) years and she is such a very important and special part of mine and Elliot's life, that this next card be for her. So here it is for you Ali xxx. You will get the real life one in the next couple of days x

The very talented Paula Dobson over at Just Add Ink set a clever little challenge this week.....Just add fussy cutting. Now I am known for my tendency to cut. I love the extra dimension that cutting gives to projects. I think my craziest fussy cutting moment was when I cut 80 little lions, 80 little monkeys and 80 little turtles for birth announcements I made for a friend's newborn little boy. So......needless to say I was excited about this challenge.


I had seen a swing card made by my wonderful friend and upline, Sarah Klass, and wanted to give one a go. So after much googling, reading of instructions, scoring, cutting, three failed attempts and far too many hours here is my card. This is it standing. You can see the flip flop swingy bit. Each of the flowers are all fussy cut as is the "F" which is popped up on dimensionals (you can't see this in the photo). I used the colour combination from Just Add Ink Challenge 54- Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Rose Red, Regal Rose and Very Vanilla.




Here is the card lying flat- front up. You can see here that the back of the swing section has the spot to write your message. 


Here is the back of the card. I found that the lattice embossed Early Espresso card wasn't sturdy enough for my liking so added the Rose Red to the back and stamped with flourishes. I don't love it but it served the purpose and adds a pretty contrast.


Project Recipe
Stamps:   Vintage Vogue 
Ink:           Early Espresso; Rose Red; Soft Suede; Regal Rose
Card:        Early Espresso; Soft Suede; Rose Red; Very Vanilla
Accessories: Big Shot; Lattice Embossing Folder; Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon (retired)

I would love to know what you think of my card. Now I have lots and lots of creative bits and bobs on the go which I am VERY excited about. More about that later.......

Bye for now,


2 comments:

Ali said...

It's beautiful! Can't wait to see it in real life! Ali x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

This is so beautiful!! Ali is very lucky :)