Monday, June 27, 2011

My Strength & Hope Biggest Morning Tea Party

Pheeewww.....have I been busy!!!! A morning tea party, more workshops in a week than I've held in a year, a nasty bout of gastro, catch-ups with friends and all the normal bits and pieces of being a Mummy to a two and a quarter year old.

Over the next few days I am going to show you the crafty evidence of my busy-ness. Some make and takes, demonstration projects and a couple of little gifts I have made. 

I'm starting today with photos from my Strength & Hope Biggest Morning Tea Party that I hosted on the 12th of June. This year the Mum of one of my oldest and bestest friends was diagnosed with cancer for the third!!!!! time. It is so just so awful for the person who gets this sort of diagnosis but also for the family and friends who care about them and who feel so helpless. I was one of those people who felt that I wanted to do something. So I decided that hosted a Biggest Morning Tea was a way of indirectly helping the Cancer Council in their mission to help those with cancer and find a cure. Wonderfully before I held my morning tea we got the news that all of Libby's (***Hi Libby***) cancer was removed in surgery. Fabulous news.

So on the 12th of June a dozen or so girls gathered at my house for my Morning Tea party. Mum baked and made all of the food- my Mum happens to be the very best cook around!!! The amazing company I am a part of, Stampin' Up!, had donated a mind-blowing box of stampin' goodies to be raffled and given as door prizes. I designed a make and take using the Strength and Hope set ($2 from the sale of every one of these sets is donated to Breast Cancer Research- so it was a very fitting set to use). I had made some cutey little cupcake picks to pop in the food on each of the plates using the new Create-A-Cupcake stamp set and the now retired 'Homemade' al-a-carte stamp. I had also made twenty or so Sweet Treat cup flowers to give as take-home gifts.

It was the most wonderful morning. There was such a lovely feeling in the room. I had the best of times and I am pretty sure everyone else did too. With donations on the day and from some lovely girls who couldn't attend plus the proceeds of the raffles (my Mum even ended up letting people take plates of the masses of food left over for a gold coin donation- hehehehe) I managed to raise close to $400 for the Cancer Council. I was so excited about being able to contribute in some way and felt so proud that the morning had been so lovely.

Here are some photos from the morning:

 Some of the yummy food my Mum made complete with cupcake picks
 Fabulous raffle prizes donated by Stampin' Up!
 Making the Strenght & Hope Make and Take
Ali and my Mum- so happy with her Simply Sent raffle prize
 
 Bec, Jaime and Kate enjoying the morning tea
 Make & Take using the Strength & Hope set- a CASE from mini catalogue
 Sweet Treat flower take home gift-a combo CASE of Cathy Clark & Nicole Derendorf
I hope you enjoyed my recount of this special day. Come back tomorrow to see some of the creations for my recent workshops.


 
 

0 comments: