Monday, October 3, 2011

Swap Card for Perth Regionals



Hello, just a quick post today- without too much of my usual waffling- to show you the card I made to swap with other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators at Perth Regionals last week.




I found it hard to really capture all the elements of this card in the photo so I will give you a brief description of how I created it. My original idea for this card was that I wanted to create a template using the butterflies from the Beautiful Butterflies Die and then sponge through the template to create the 3 subtle butterfly images. Here are the steps I took to create the centre panel of the card:
  1. It was a bit tricky creating the template as I had to cut 3 individual butterflies from 3 individual pieces of acetate and then tape them together in the exact positions I wanted them in.
  2. Clear emboss the intricate flouirishy image from Creative Elements SS onto the whole of the Whisper White layer.
  3. Holding the pre-made template in place, sponge through the butterfly cut-outs in the acetate using Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink and So Saffron. Rub any excess ink from sponged butterflies to make embossed flourishes show through.
  4. Stamp butterly image from Creative Elements SS in Wisteria Wonder and cut out and adhere to the centre butterly.
  5. Cut out 2 small butterlies from Flirtacious DSP using Beautiful Wings Die and adhere to centre of other two butterlies. Place diamantes in centre of all three smaller butterflies.
And there you go. As simple as.....well actually it took ages to make these cards and therefore I only got to swap with 15 other demos at Regionals- hahaha. I did love them though.




More to share with you soon,








0 comments: