Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hip-Hippo-Thankyou!!! JAI Challenge 37

Happy Sunday............


I have to tell you I have completely and totally fallen in love with creating again!!! I don't know what happened there for a while but I just felt that I was creating because I HAD to (for orders, stamp club, etc) not because I WANTED to. But something amazing happened for no reason at all and I am back doing what I love most because I truly want to. It's fantastic!!!


The joy that comes with loving stamping again is that ideas just bounce into my head without really having to think about them. And that is exactly what happened with this card for this week's Just Add Ink  challenge. The girls have set a colour challenge this week and when I first looked at them I thought "Whoa!!!" but that quickly turned into "Wow Fun Colours!!!". Here they are:



This is actually the first time EVER that I have used Always Artichoke and I would never have thought of putting it with the other colours. This is the fun (and just a little bit cute!) card I came up with using these fun colours:


Project Redipe
Stamp Sets:     Pun Fun; Short and Sweet
Inks:               Rose Red; Pumpkin Pie; Old Olive; Always Artichoke; StazOn Black
Card/Paper:    Rose Red; Always Artichoke; Pumpkin Pie; Old Olive; Watercolour Paper
Accessories:    Circle Scissors Plus; Big Shot; Polka Dot Embossing Folder; Trio Flower Punch (retired); Word Window Punch; Scallop Oval Punch (for the cute little tab around the sentiment); Designer Buttons (Brights); Adhesive Pearls; Rose Red Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon; Aqua Painter


Now this little hippo with her balloon is meant for a birthday card of course but I happened to need a thank you card so I changed her cute little balloon into a cute little button flower. I don't actually own the Scallop Circle Die for the Big Shot so I traced my Rose Red Scallop from a Carousel Note (retired) in my stash- not bad hey?!?!? I've been practicing, what I like to call, my Teneale Williams' bows and I think they are starting to look quite snazzy- what do you think????

Well that's enough from me for now. My parents arrive home from England today- Yippee- Elliot and I are both so excited to have them back. I'm also in the middle of making some goodies for the little guy's 2nd birthday party on Wednesday. I promise to come back and share them soon.

Have a lovely day.





10 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

What a fun and bright card this is. Great idea to change the balloon to a button Louise! Thanks for playing.

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! I think you've done a fantastic job with your 'Teneale' bow- very cute overall.

Anonymous said...

I love your card it is so super cute

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Love the design of your card, Louise! The colours are so bright and happy. I've been in a bit of a creative rut myself - I haven't scrapped a layout for almost three weeks now and I have to say that I'm enjoying the break. I think it's because I haven't HAD to scrap, so I haven't :) You must be so thrilled to finally have your parents home! Love your new look blog - that photo is gorgeous.

Gayatri said...

So adorable and love how you made a bright and cheerful card out of this combination. Well done!

Monique said...

very cute. love the hippo.

Danielle Daws said...

Awww, this is so cute! I can totally relate to being uninspired... but here's to you feeling creative again!!

Christine Blain said...

Very cute! Impressed with your hand-cutting of the scalloped circle card; what patience you have! I love all the little flowers, including the flower button/balloon :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is adorable. It certainly is more fun to create 'cause you want to not 'cause you have to.

Jodene said...

This is a gorgeous card Louise, and I am so glad to see that you found your passion for stamping 'for fun' again :)