Friday, October 1, 2010

Inkspirations Guest Designer- That's Me!!!









What a wonderful surprise it was last Friday when my card was announced the winner of the Inkspirations challenge.........very exciting!!! And what made it more exciting was the opportunity to be the Guest Designer for this week's challenge.
Makeesha has set this colour challenge for this week:




I have to admit I really struggled for a while with these colours. The bold navy and red are two colours that I would not normally think of putting together. Then I couldn't get the idea of flowers out of my head.......no matter how hard I tried. So here is my flowery card using the challenge colours:


Project Recipe
Stamp Sets:   Vintage Vogue; Flower Fancy; Curly Cute
Inks:             Not Quite Navy; Kiwi Kiss (retired); Riding Hood Red
Card/Paper:  Not Quite Navy; Very Vanilla; Kiwi Kiss (retired); Bella Bleu DSP (retired); Watercolour Paper
Accessories:  Circle Scissors Plus; Scallop Oval Punch; Corner Rounder Punch; Stampin Pastels; Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (retired)

I'm actually really, really happy with how it has turned out. To get the muted effect of the Not Quite Navy flourishes on the circle I firstly slightly dampened some watercolour paper  and then stamped off the image twice before stamping on the circle. The scallop around the edge of the circle is created using the scallop oval punch. The little tab for the sentiment is made using the scallop oval punch and cutting off the top and bottom, an idea I got from Lisa Jansen. I was so excited to get the chance to use the truly gorgeous (and now retired) Kiwi Kiss and Very Vanilla satin ribbon again.


Thank you Makeesha for choosing my card as the winner and for the opportunity to guest design this week. Have loved every second xxx


Will be back later to show you Elliot's super cute 2nd birthday party invites that I have been working on this week.






3 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Louise!!! Congratulations.. truly deserved, your cards are ALWAYS gorgeous and this one.. well.. no exception.. STUNNING.

xx SJ

Karen said...

Louise this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love it to bits!

Karen
x

Fiona Harrison said...

This is such a gorgeous card, love how you've used the colours & the layout is fab.